For customers out of the area, the following information will be
- At an initial meeting with the client, various aspects of the portrait
will be discussed such as size, setting, pose, clothing, formal vs.
informal. This meeting will also provide an opportunity to have any
- Portraits are painted from photos which will be taken by the artist
during a second meeting. When appropriate, the first two meetings
may been combined.
- After reviewing the photos, one will be chosen as the basis for the
portrait, and all other portrait decisions will be finalized.
- For various reasons, the client may need to provide the photo.
Photos provided will be used at the artist discretion.
- When the customer provides the photo, it is requested in addition to
the main photo, reference photos be provided to help give a better
idea of the personality, coloring, etc. of the subject.
- The portrait will then be created using the chosen photo, notes and
other information gathered. As the painting progresses, if possible,
the subject should come to the studio for colors and details to be
checked. The artist may also request to borrow the clothing.
- Once started, depending on the size and detail, a portrait will take
approximately 4 - 12 weeks to complete. An approximate completion
date will be given. However, it should be noted that the quality of the
painting will never be sacrificed for the sake of the deadline.
If you are interested in a Portrait in Oil byVirgilla
Virgilla will be happy to answer your questions
and assist you in starting the process of having a portrait created.